Friday, April 01, 2005

Northern Sound Source - OT:Shameless plug: Orchestral score for Killzone

Northern Sound Source - OT:Shameless plug: Orchestral score for Killzone:
"Hi Guys,

This is probably my first time shamelessly plugging my own music on these boards, but I couldn't resist, as it has been such a wonderful experience!
It is the orchestral score for Sony's P2 game Killzone, now out worldwide .
It was recorded with the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra and Chorus and the game features around 45 minutes of music in total."

Everyone should go to the Video Games Live website and submit "Killzone" to be played at their "Video Games Live" concert.

This music is absolutely SUPERB. I can't stand how most people can only think of Mozart when the word "classical" is mentioned. I suppose personally "classical" is something that I'd say is long dead and pales in comparison to the sound of compositions like this. I might mention that Eric Serra is one other musician/composer that I'd say is excellent. I guess you could say I love music that sounds overly militant and powerful.